We must immediately Get London Back To Work to strengthen our economy, which is the fastest and most efficient way to strengthen our city.
As your next Mayor, I believe that reinvigorating our economy is the most important priority, which will help improve the lives of every citizen of our city including business owners, workers and public service employees.
This means we must stimulate key sectors such as arts and hospitality, encourage the safe return of office workers, and implement science-based protocols city-wide to safely get people back to London to work, shop, and visit.
As an entrepreneur, I understand the struggles faced by small and medium sized enterprises, businesses that make up 98% of the economy, and will prioritise supporting these critical parts of our commercial landscape to improve the city for every one of its nine million inhabitants.
Our plan of attack consists of the following key policies:
- Creating a six month, post-lockdown Congestion Charge Holiday by removing this prohibitive taxation in order to safely promote visits to the city and immediately boost the economy
- Creating a six month, post-lockdown Business Rates Holiday by removing business rates across the board for SMEs in greater London
- Stimulating key sectors with expanded financial packages, specifically restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, retail and the hotel sector
- Encouraging the return of office workers to the world’s financial capital by working with the top global financial service companies to safely bring back 25% of their office workers
- Implementing new science-based protocols for retail establishments to deal with Covid-19 responsibly but still stay in business
- Safely opening up our theatres, museum, concert arenas, and stadiums
- Promoting outdoor seating and the use of street parking spaces for all retail and hospitality businesses in London free of charge from local councils for six months
- Getting our children back to school which will promote all of the surrounding and dependent businesses
By prioritising commerce and trade, we will reinvigorate this great city and make it a world-class place to live, work, and visit.
By working with experts from both the scientific and business communities, I am confident together we will accomplish our mission to Get London Back To Work.